christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Madelyn's First Purchase


Last week I threatened Madelyn with putting her dress-up shoes in the trash because she wouldn't obey and put them up in her room at bedtime. I figured she would decide to cooperate right away out of fear for her shoes. I was wrong. It didn't even phase her one bit, so I had to follow through with my threat and into the trash they went. It still didn't phase her.

Yesterday and today, Madelyn looked for those shoes and asked me about them. I reminded her that they went out with the trash because she didn't listen to mommy and put them away. Oh, the tears flowed and the drama started!! She got so upset. I told her she could get some new dress-up shoes, but she had to use her own money from her piggy bank. She was also warned to listen to mommy and put them away when told. So I made a point to go to Walmart today and let her pick out some new shoes. I forgot to have her get money out of her piggy bank before we went, so when we got home she had to buy them from mommy. She had fun counting out four dollar bills. I don't know how it is that a two-year-old has over $20 - maybe $30 - in her piggy bank, but we can thank grandpa and grandma for most of the contributions.

She got to prance around the house for a few minutes before it was bath and bed time. I'm sure the shoes will be quickly broken in first thing in the morning! Hopefully she learned her lesson. I know I did ... don't make a threat unless you plan to follow through. I was tempted so many times to take the shoes out of the trash and just hide them for a few days, but I made myself stick to my guns and I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment