christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a great Easter weekend! Jonathan didn't go into work until 2:15 Friday afternoon so we decided to have fun as a family at the Dallas Children's Museum. Madelyn had a lot of fun despite the fact that it was so crowded from school field trips. We snapped a few shots and on our way home she said her favorite part was the bubbles!




On Saturday we cleaned up around the house and enjoyed some fun time outside. We got Madelyn and Joel a Sand and Water Table. Madelyn literally spent hours playing with it along with swinging and bubbles. Joel was his happy content self just sleeping and watching all the action.

Sunday morning Madelyn was excited to check out her Easter basket before heading off to celebrate the real reason for Easter - the empty tomb ... Praise the Lord! When we picked her up from Sunday School, we asked her what she learned about. She always answers, "Jesus." We talked about the tomb being empty and Jesus being alive. I wonder how much of her bible story she actually soaks up. I asked her a few days ago, "Madelyn who loves you?" She said, "Jesus and God." Smart girl!



While the kids were napping, Jonathan went for a bike ride. He really enjoys getting out for a good ride or run each weekend to relax, and I'm glad he takes that opportunity. Afterall, he always encourages me to get out for a bit over the weekend while he watches the kids. This Sunday he came home covered in mud and excited about the awesome trail he found. He excitedly told me that he bit the dust - or should I say mud - twice. Boys!! I don't think I'd be so excited ... I think embarrassed would be more like it.


We had a fun evening with some friends from Sunday School. The Utterback family came over for Easter dinner for the second year in a row and the Holland family joined us too. Madelyn loves older children and Madelyn and her friend had a blast hunting eggs, dying eggs and played so well together. They were worn out by the end of the day! Joel got lots of cuddles and hugs from all his admirers!












No comments:

Post a Comment