christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Friday, April 1, 2011

Texas Bluebonnets

I did it! I caught the Texas bluebonnets at their peak and managed to capture some pretty good shots of the kids in them. Well ... Joel hardly ever looked at the camera and was so serious as he explored his world that he never smiled, and I had to bribe Madelyn with a donut in order for her to cooperate. I'm not sure if you can call that a "pretty good" photo shoot or not. With that being said, you can understand why I didn't get any good pictures of them together. Come on people ... working with one is hard enough! My kids are not ones to pose for the camera, probably because, until recently, I hardly ever had it out taking pictures. I'm trying to be better about that. The new camera helps. :)

Anyway, Madelyn had fun looking at ladybugs crawling on the bluebonnets. Joel discovered a patch of dirt and had a hayday playing in it. I had fun searching for a purple My Little Pony camoflauged somewhere in the bluebonnet patch in order to keep a little girl from having a meltdown in the van. It was her new favorite toy that has gone everywhere with us the past two days! I am happy to say the pony made it safely home.











2 comments:

  1. Heather, great pictures! Precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this last picture of joel is so cute- he looks like such a little stud!! love all the pictues!

    ~debbie

    ReplyDelete