christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Monday, May 10, 2010

Joel's Baby Dedication

Now, my son, may the Lord be with you and give you success ... And may the Lord give you wisdom and understanding ... Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or lose heart! ... Seek the Lord your God with all your heart and soul.
1 Chronicles 22:11-13,19a

Yesterday was a very special Mother's Day. Not only did I have an absolutely wonderful weekend with my children and sweet husband, but we also dedicated Joel to the Lord! I am amazed how God entrusts us with the huge responsibility to raise His children to know and love Him. I love the way our church did the dedication. Jonathan and I were given the task of choosing scripture blessing for Joel to be used during the dedication. We plan to pick one for Madelyn too and hang them both on a plague over their beds. She was dedicated around Thankgiving 2 1/2 years ago.



Madelyn pointing to Joel's picture on the big screen and saying, "Hey mommy, there's baby Joel."

3 comments:

  1. The Caruso family is beautiful. Love that you are committing your children to the Father and raising them to do as Deut. 6 says, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your strenth." That chapter goes on to say (I paraphrase) These commandments I give to you that you may impress them upon your children. Talk about them when you walk and when you lie down. Bind them upon your foreheads, write them on the doorframes of your house. I'm so thankful that Mom and Dad taught us this and am thankful that God gives us the blessing of passing on that legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Wish it would have been at FBC but happy for y'all nonetheless! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could have been there! There is nothing that makes a mom and dad happier than to know that their children love and serve the Lord and are teaching their children to also love and serve the Lord!! God is good!

    ReplyDelete