The first day we explored the National Cowboy Museum. My dad and Jonathan were both really looking forward to that and we could have spent the entire day there and then some. They had a special area for children and Madelyn had so much fun dressing up like a cowgirl, riding a "horse", and making chocolate soup over the campfire. I was certainly thrilled with her menu!
After nap time, we all swam in the hotel swimming pool. It was so fun! Madelyn really warmed up to the water and was swimming all over the pool with the aid of a pool noodle.
The following day we checked out the Science Museum. Joel loved the blocks, my dad was fascinated with an electric generator model, Jonathan spent quite a while learning to make the PERFECT paper airplane, and Madelyn giggled all the way down a three-story spiral slide with her daddy. The first time she went down, she and I had climbed up the the third story and before I had time to think and evaluate, she took the plunge and was rolling, not sliding, all the way down. I staled a second trying to decide if the best route was stairs or slide ... a few seconds later a tumblin' down I went after. Whew! That was one tightly spiraled slide. Just imagine a slide wrapped around a fireman's pole ... yeah ... ouch.
The kids crashed in the car in the way home and Jonathan and I were so impressed with how well the kids behaved the whole weekend. It was such a nice time. Thanks mom and dad for inviting us!



No comments:
Post a Comment