Madelyn and I decided to travel last week to my niece's kindergarten graduation. The drive is so boring but the visit was great! Adyson did so good in her end of the school year performance and Madelyn had so much fun playing with her cousins. She loves watching older kids and mimicking them. She had a love-hate relationship the majority of the time with their little chihuahua. She loved blowing him kisses and watching him from a distance, but oh the mayhem if he tried to get near her! Wouldn't you know on the last day she finally started petting him and letting him lick her hand.
One of the highlights of her trip was a ride with Uncle Doug on his motorcycle. She was beaming as they returned from their ride around the block with the wind in her hair! It was so cute. Jonathan fussed at me for letting her ride on the motorcycle when I won't even let him get one. I told him if he promises to stay in first gear the whole time too I'd reconsider.
We had a good day today. Madelyn noticed the container of mixed beans I have out for decoration in the kitchen and wanted to check it out today. I thought "what the heck" and gave her some cups and a scoop and let her have at it. She had so much fun for about 40 minutes just transferring the beans from one container to another. I love it when simple things are so entertaining (and educational) for her. The beans were everywhere as you can imagine! Enjoy the pics! The last one reminds me of a picture of Jonathan when he was about the same age.



Oh my word, you are right! That picture is 100% Jonathan!
ReplyDeleteAshlyn wasn't very fond of Gringo either. Although she loves other dogs. Funny!
You are a BRAVE momma letting Madelyn on a motorcycle! It makes my stomach flop thinking about it!
Go Uncle Doug! Go faster:) She looked so cute on that motorcycle!
ReplyDelete