On the downside, she is not very good at her "I'm sorry's". This evening she practically gouged Jonathan's eye out as they were playing and it took several minutes and a few disciplinary actions to get a "sorry" out of her. I realized we needed to work on this when we were at a play date Friday. She hit a little friend of hers and refused to say those two little words to apologize. We'll get there ...
Here are some recent pictures of our little booger bear. She has quite the farmer's tan from three trips to the pool here lately. These pictures were taken Saturday afternoon at a community pool just up the road. They have such a great area for toddlers and Madelyn loves it. I also have a picture I took of Madelyn when we went to meet Boz the Bear at church Thursday evening. He is like the Christian version of Barney and Madelyn thought he was so cool. She tried to run up on stage to give him a hug. Thankfully I caught her shirt tail in the nick of time and she was not very happy with me. If you ask her what color he is, she'll say "geen". She has been doing so well with her colors and numbers here lately. However, if you ask her what her name is, she is likely to say "Two" or "Sara". Don't ask me where that last one came from. Your guess is as good as mine.



Kiddos saying 'sorry' always makes me think of when our kids were little and they confused "Say you're sorry" (contraction) with "Say your sorry" (possessive), so they'd always refer to it as "my sorry" - "But I said my sorry!". Makes me smile even now... Kids are too cute!
ReplyDeleteI never thought of that ... I guess I need to be thoughtful with my wording. :)
ReplyDeleteMadelyn is so good! Doesn't is just warm your heart to see your little angel growing into a wonderful, grateful big girl!
ReplyDelete