christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Random stuff from the past three weeks

I've been fussed at through Jonathan from our friend Brad about not getting blog updates about his future daughter-in-law. This is for you Brad and enjoy your two weeks of R&R! I know I've been bad about updating my blog lately, but hopefully now that my first trimester has passed, I'll have more energy and motivation. Below is a picture of me at 13 weeks. Madelyn is pointing to my belly but has no clue that her baby brother or sister is inside. We plan on showing her at our anatomy ultrasound in about five weeks when we find out the sex.



Madelyn loves her art easel we bought her for her birthday. Her favorite thing is coloring with her paintbrush markers, and she has become a master at drawing circles. She knows most of her colors and currently only has trouble remembering black and yellow. About three weeks ago she was coloring with the markers and I decided I could keep a close enough eye on her while on the Internet as well. You can see in the pictures below how well that went. All of a sudden I hear her saying "Ook mommy! Geen!" Yep. She was coloring with green all right ... her belly button, that is. She was so proud of herself and I had no one to blame but myself.




Shortly after the art pictures were taken I decided at the spur of the moment to start potty training. I had been stocking up on the supplies for a few months knowing the time was approaching. I decided to start (and hopefully master) it before my Tuesday and Thursday bible studies and Mother's Day Out starts back up. I just love the way she looks running around in her big girl panties. She does so well some days and other days it seems like it all went out the window. She wears her special bye bye panties (pull-ups) when we go out, and this past Sunday at church she kept it dry the whole time.



Jonathan comes home about once a week for lunch with his girls. Last week he spent a little bit of time playing with Madelyn in her room. They were having fun on her see saw. Madelyn loves her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment