christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Friday, August 7, 2009

One Proud Wife

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

When we found out we were stuck with recruiting duty, I began to pray that God would show us why he called us to this duty and mold our hearts to make the best of the undesirable situation. Once we got here, I saw how Jonathan was struggling to wrap his brain around and remember everything he supposed to do. This job was totally out of his comfort zone. I began to pray for God to help him concentrate on the task at hand and for the work of his hands to bear much fruit. For a while there he felt like he was busting his butt and not seeing any success, and during one bad week he even felt like he wasn't cut out to be a recruiter and was going to have to suffer through three years.

June was a month of hope and July was a month of God's favor showering down on Jonathan. He put in four recruits in July. Some of them he had been talking to for a while and others just walked in out of the blue. Towards mid-July he found out he was in the top ten recruiters for Recruit Station Dallas and was close to getting a Navy-Marine Corps Achievement Medal. RS Dallas includes all the recruiters from the Dallas area, sweeping across northeast Texas and north up to Little Rock, Arkansas. He came home Wednesday and told me he was #1 for July and he got the medal. On top of that, his office was #1 for the month as well. He was beaming and I am so proud of him. He accomplished this personal award in his first six months as a recruiter. Praise the Lord!

I can see many reasons already why God gave us recruiting duty instead of embassy guard duty, which was what we were applying for at the time. Our miscarriage in December was a huge shock as you can imagine and I have been emotional off and on through this pregnancy. Having a great OB doctor, seeing a specialist and the frequent sonograms have been a blessing. Had we gotten Embassy Guard Duty, it is possible we would be in a third world country (we were hoping for Africa) and have limited medical care. Plus, this duty was been a personal challenge for Jonathan and he is building confidence in a job totally out of his comfort zone. I pray that he will look back at this duty and see it as a highlight in his career and a testimony at how God showed faithfulness and provided in a time of need.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome how God works!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of Jonathan, I know it has been a very rough road the past several months. I'm sure having a loving and supportive wife at home has made a huge impact on him during that time.
    Isn't it wonderful how God always has a plan for your life even though you sometimes can't see what that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is SO good and always knows what is best for us! Congrats to Jonathan! We love you and are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats from Janice and me to Jonathan! That's great, and I know it's got to make him feel better about the whole situation. We're certainly glad that God placed you here so that we could get to know your sweet family.

    And I agree w/ Rebecca - having a loving, understanding, supportive wife like you makes all the difference. I can testify to that 'cause I have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to hear that you guys are doing well. We will keep praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete