christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's a ... BOY!!

We are so excited to know that we will be welcoming a baby boy into our arms come Feb. 1! I am in my fifteenth week and the doctor was able to confirm we are having a boy. Everything looks absolutely wonderful with the pregnancy and we are thrilled. Madelyn laid beside me on the table during the ultrasound and didn't know what to think about them rubbing that goo on my belly, but she now knows there is a baby in there. She hasn't quite accepted that it is her baby brother though. That will take time I suppose.

When Jonathan and I talked after the appointment, he didn't even think to ask about the sex since it is so early in the pregnancy ... and I didn't tell him. When Madelyn and I got home, I quickly put a blue bow around a pair of camouflage shoes I had bought last week and put them in a yellow bag with a note attached by a green ribbon saying "It's a ... boy!" When Jonathan came home for lunch, Madelyn and I gave it to him. It was incredible seeing his face in person!

3 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing ever! I am so happy for you Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Little boys are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete