christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

To grandma and grandpa's house we go ...

I decided to take Madelyn to visit my parents a few weeks ago, kinda spur of the moment. I knew things would be getting busy with Fall Bible studies and Mother's Day Out, plus she had changed so much I wanted them to see her little personality. She sang several songs with/for grandma and really warmed up to my dad this trip. On our way home from eating out Friday night my dad let Madelyn stick her head out of their sunroof once we turned onto the dirt county road they live on. Madelyn thought it was so "cool", which happens to be one of her new favorite words. When we pulled into the parking spot, she said "More, more!" so grandpa happily pleased his granddaughter and drove around more.





I picked out a baby blanket pattern for our baby boy making his debut next year, and my mom, Madelyn and I went to Hobby Lobby for the yarn. She crochets a blanket for every grandbaby and is currently finishing up cousin Aubrey's blanket who is due in a few weeks. She took the time one evening to crochet a square of our baby's blanket so we could get a glimpse of what it will look like. It will be baby blue, brown and cream. I'm afraid it will be a challenging blanket for mom because it is unlike anyone she has made before. She will actually be making lots of squares and then hand sewing them together like you would a quilt. My mom said she had been wanting to make that pattern for a while, so hopefully she won't curse me later for making her work too hard. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment