So here's what we did ... on Tuesday when Madelyn woke from her nap I could tell we needed to get out of the house ... it was just going to be one of those afternoons. So we went to the Galleria Mall in Dallas. It is HUGE and has all those stores that are too rich for my blood ... you know, the ones that have you laughing at the prices and saying "sucker!!" to the person who is actually willing to pay that much. But Madelyn and I had such a good time anyways. We walked around for a while and Madelyn was fascinated at all the sites to see. I grabbed myself a coffee from Starbucks and we watched the ice skaters down in the rink. Then strolled on over to the play area and Madelyn meet some new friends there. As we were leaving, Madelyn pointed to the food court and said "Eat". That was the first time she had ever asked to eat out and it was getting close to dinner time so I caved (plus I wasn't ready to go home yet). I gave her a choice between chicken nuggets, a taco or a hamburger. It was so cute watching her ponder it for a while and say "shicken nugget pease". We had such a great time and I was so impressed at how happy Madelyn was the whole four hours, since the past several days had been nothing but pleasant.
On Wednesday, we got dressed real fast to make it to story time at the library. We had tried story time in the past unsuccessfully - Madelyn just wasn't quite ready - but I thought with her having story time at Mother's Day Out that she might behave better now. As we were rushing out the door and I was buckling her in the carseat, I noticed something around her waist. When I looked, I realized she had put two pair of my panties on over her clothes and her long shirt was hiding it a bit. Yikes! What if I hadn't noticed that at the last moment and took her in the library like that! My crazy girl and her fascination with putting on my undies! Whew! We got there and realized story time was taking a break too as the school year was winding down, so we played with things in the toddler area and took half a dozen trips to the water fountain before we left. I decided to stop at a donut shop and we each enjoyed a donut. Madelyn ate a cinnamon sugar cake donut and I got a few pictures of her enjoying it. All that cinnamon sugar was a bugger to clean up!
Yesterday we had a fun time playing at home. We had a tea party in her room and cooked with her play food and kitchen. She has great culinary skills and I can tell she will have her own show on to Food Network someday called "You want me to eat that?" She made me a donut, cookie, pickle and soy sauce sandwich with side of celery. Yum! When she woke up from her long nap (yey!), we took Jonathan dinner at work and went for a wagon ride around the neighborhood that evening.
Jonathan didn't make it home until 1 a.m. this morning and had bad news. His hours are going to get worse. He will be working all Saturdays and Sunday evenings in addition to his 12 to 15 hours a day schedule. We were both bummed and I am worried for him. He just doesn't get a chance to decompress on the weekends already and the hours are just going to get worse. If everything goes well today, he will have already recruited three this month (his quota is two) and instead of a congratulatory pat on the back, he and all his fellow Marines get hammered with a tougher weekend schedule from now until who knows when. We are both bummed right now. It took me an hour to fall asleep as thoughts were racing through my head. Needless to say, I am very tired today. Looks like I'll be coming up with more activities to keep Madelyn occupied for the long weekend hours too. Any suggestions?



No comments:
Post a Comment