christmas portrait 2010

christmas portrait 2010

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Two Months!

*UPDATE: Joel weighs 11 lbs. 7 ozs. and is 23 1/4 inches long, which is 50% on weight and 25% on height.

My sweet Joel you are two months old today! You have grown so much in your short two months of life and have filled mine with so much more joy. I try to soak up all your sweet baby faces because you are changing too fast. In two days we will find out how much you have grown at your two month well baby check up and I can't wait to find out!








Looking at your big sister!


- You finally got to take a real bath on March 15 when the last bit of your umbilical cord feel off. Your cord came off in two phases. A big section came off on February 26 (two days shy of 6 weeks) and a small piece held on until you were 7 weeks and 1 day old. You loved your sponge baths and were very alert and happy during your first real bath with your sister. She loves to clean and rinse your legs and feet!

- You do not like to be on your tummy very much. You have rolled over from your tummy to your back twice on mommy and daddy's bed, but not on the floor yet. I think the lumps in our bed may have helped!

- You wear 0-3 month clothes still but I can see us pulling out the 3-6 in another week or two.

- You wear size 1 diaper and don't erupt out of them near as much as your sister did!

- You are very content and happy. You only get upset if you need something. This was an answer to prayer!

- You have handsome blue-grey eyes right now.

- You go to bed around 8 p.m. and wake up around 7:30 a.m. and take about four naps a day. Your nap times are starting to get more predictable.

- You love to be swaddled. For the most part, I swaddle you, lay you down and you're asleep in minutes without much fuss. You usually don't want your pacifier when you sleep.

- When we take your swaddling blanket off of you, you give the cutest stretches as if your saying, "Yey! I'm free!".

- You nurse at 8 a.m., 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 5 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m. (to top off your "tank" before I go to bed), and between 4 and 6 a.m.

- You give the biggest toothless grins that melt my heart and make your daddy laugh.

- You've started to coo and gurgle to us as well as to your "friends" on your bouncy seat. You also bat at your friends and they make you happy.

- You like to swing on high speed and think low speed is for the birds! (Thanks to daddy who figured that out. I just thought you didn't like the swing.)

- If you start fussing while I'm getting dressed, the sound of my blow dryer always calms you down. You fuss in your car seat when the car stops at a stop light and calm down as soon as we start moving again.

- You managed to stay well when Madelyn got RSV while you were two weeks old and Madelyn and me getting the stomach bug while you were 8 weeks old.

1 comment: